Looney Labs Fluxx Mailing list Archive

Re: [Fluxx] my blanxx I've made

  • From"Chris Kice" <me@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateTue, 17 Apr 2007 16:07:16 -0500
I actually took the time to make a spreadsheet of all the Keepers and Goals in my deck and counted up how often they were used.  I, too, hate that some Keepers are way too "heavy" (can help you win a lot) and others are really "light" (barely used goal-wise).

I used that as a guide to make a stack of new Goals to fill in the gaps.  War was one that was extremely light, leading to the creation of CNN [War + Television], World War [Earth + War], and The Art of War [Sun + War].  By default, War only had one "official" goal: War = Death.

The spreadsheet is attached if you're interested (or want to use your own).

Another way to control goals is rules to keep them in check.  I have one called "Aimless" that lets you dump all goals in play and another called "Food Poisioning" that cancels out food keepers if Poison is on the table.

Chris