Looney Labs Fluxx Mailing list Archive

Re: [Fluxx] New Keeper: The Joker

  • FromChristopher Hickman <tophu@xxxxxxx>
  • DateThu, 04 Oct 2007 09:07:18 -0700
On Thursday, October 04, 2007, at 10:37AM, "Christopher Hickman" <tophu@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>I had a light bulb today and made a new keeper.  I'll try it out in our regular lunchtime Fluxx game today.
>
>The Joker
>Counts as any keeper mentioned on the top card of the discard pile.

Okay, so it came up in a few games today.  Verdict: It's not powerful, but it is fun.  It's kind of a tease, since it's always useful for something that's gone.  That is, it kind of sits there and laughs at you for having exactly what you need for a goal that's been discarded. Though, that seems apropos for a Joker, huh?

It was pretty cool at one point though, that we had three Brains in play: The Brain, Andy Looney, and The Joker with Brain Bonus on top of the discard.

At one point we had Draw 5, Play 4, X = X + 1, a hand limit, a keeper limit, several bonuses and I had The Computer.  Holy Crap that was confusing.  I played Rules Reset just to make sense of it. :)

It actually made me think of a new goal:

A Complex Bureaucracy
If there are more than seven New Rules in play, the player whose turn it is wins.

Hmm, or should everybody lose... ;)