Looney Labs Fluxx Mailing list Archive

Re: [Fluxx] Must draw first?

  • FromJoseph Pate <jpate@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateFri, 5 Oct 2007 19:02:14 -0700 (PDT)
Good summary, Carol.  That's why I got interested in the discussion
in the first place, though naturally, I took more words to say it.

-Ankhst

[Carol said...]
While I hate to continue a thread that feels as if (a) we've all said about
the same thing again and again and (b) some folks will always be on one side
of the issue and others will always be on the other side....

...I have come up with a reason why Andy needs to step in here and a rules
call needs to be made.
Situation:
 - Playing Zombie Fluxx - it's the start of my turn.
 - I have no Creepers in front of me.
 - I have winning conditions in my hand/on the table (i.e., I've got the
Goal in my hand to match the Keepers I've got on the table, or some
combination like that).
 - I *know* there's a Zombie on the top of the Draw deck... someone *just*
put the Zombie Quartet there.

IF I draw, I'll have a Zombie in front of me.  If I don't draw first, but
rather Play first, then I win.

If we say that "Draw 1, Play 1" can happen in any order, then I win, no
problem.  If not, then I don't.

Carol