Looney Labs Fluxx Mailing list Archive

RE: [Fluxx] Must draw first?

  • From"Bob Winans" <rwinans@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateFri, 5 Oct 2007 21:33:11 -0400
I agree.
Since the rules don't state, you "MUST" draw first, I think you can draw at
any phase of your turn cycle.

Also on the draw X cards. The wording states that if you haven't already
drawn enough cards draw the full amount now.

So when that card comes into play, the "play" phase is suspended, and you
are forced to draw.

On the "Play this card now" cards, like the creeper, (I don't remember any
other "play now" cards off the top of my head) there would be an advantage
to playing your cards first and then drawing.

You could satisfy a win condition before having to draw.

I.e. after you win you draw your card, (just to see what it would have been)
and it turn out to be the radio active potato...

(I pre-ordered my Zombie Fluxx deck from my FLGS and it hasn't come in yet.
I probably won't get it until next week, if I'm lucky)

In any case, it is definitely open for a house rule.

-Bob