Looney Labs Fluxx Mailing list Archive

Re: [Fluxx] Zombie's double-wide box?

  • From"Tucker" <jazzfish@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateWed, 10 Oct 2007 10:36:09 -0400 (EDT)
> I personally hate these types of boxes, but completely understand it's
> done.

Some companies have started using, um, normal boxes (the kind with a lid,
as opposed to tuckboxes). Z-Man immediately comes to mind; I think a lot
of the newer / reprinted Rio Grande card games do as well. Same shelf
footprint, and a more user-friendly box. Probably more expensive as well,
though, so I can't really fault the continued use of tuckboxes. No matter
how irritated their flimsiness makes me.

> (It's the same reason why computer and console games are one disc in
> a giant package.

Man, I am /so/ glad that console games come in DVD-sized cases instead of
CD jewelboxes. Now they can make manuals that are /legible/.

--
It is in the nature of poets to misuse their sources.
 --John M. Ford, "The Lost Dialogue"