Looney Labs Fluxx Mailing list Archive

Re: [Fluxx] Zombie's double-wide box?

  • From"Chris Kice" <me@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateWed, 10 Oct 2007 09:12:44 -0500
A "double-wide" box is easier to see on a store shelf.  Most companies that sell card games have gone to this format.

I personally hate these types of boxes, but completely understand it's done.  (It's the same reason why computer and console games are one disc in a giant package.  I remember when they used to sell CDs the same way.  Man, I'm old...)

If you really want to slim the box down, don't forget about ee0r's tuckboxes (http://www.ee0r.com/boxes/index.html) and the wonderful automatic box generator ( http://www.cpforbes.net/tuckbox/tuckbox.cgi).  All of my card games are distilled down to these types of boxes for easy transportation.  If you import the PDF templates into an image editing program, you can add all the fancy custom artwork you want before you print them out.

Chris