Looney Labs Fluxx Mailing list Archive

Re: [Fluxx] Zombie's double-wide box?

  • From"Chris Kice" <me@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateWed, 10 Oct 2007 10:26:11 -0500
>Myself, I mostly just print my fancy artwork on the back of the
>template, and fold the box up with the template part inside, so
>the lines and all are hidden.

I do that as well!  I lay out all the artwork on a separate layer, then "flip" the box outline image so I can print two-sided and still have them line up correctly.

I also use a medium-thickness peel-and-stick laminate on the artwork side of the box to give it a little more durability.

>Ironically, the CD "long box" was intended to *reduce* waste by
>enabling record stores (as we used to call them =^) to re-use
>their existing LP-depth bins to display CDs.

I liked them because they at least gave the impression of having some visible album art.  While I don't necessarily miss LPs or laserdiscs, I miss the nice packaging.  The "Terminator 2" box set was a great example of the artistry:  http://www.pustan.com/ld/us/t2.html

> Man, I am /so/ glad that console games come in DVD-sized
> cases instead of CD jewelboxes. Now they can make
> manuals that are /legible/.

You read the manuals?!?  (Just kidding...)  With all the pressure to buy the strategy guides these days, they hardly put anything of value in the included manuals.  With some PC games (especially flight sims), they don't even do that much - you only get an electronic copy.

Chris