Looney Labs Fluxx Mailing list Archive

Re: [Fluxx] Zombie's double-wide box?

  • From"Elliott C. Evans" <eeyore@xxxxxxxx>
  • DateWed, 10 Oct 2007 07:41:08 -0700 (PDT)
Chris Kice wrote:
> I personally hate these types of boxes, but completely understand
> it's done.  (It's the same reason why computer and console games
> are one disc in a giant package.  I remember when they used to
> sell CDs the same way. Man, I'm old...)

Ironically, the CD "long box" was intended to *reduce* waste by
enabling record stores (as we used to call them =^) to re-use
their existing LP-depth bins to display CDs. (First kid to ask
what an LP is should get off my lawn.)

> If you really want to slim the box down, don't forget about ee0r's tuckboxes
> (http://www.ee0r.com/boxes/index.html) and the wonderful automatic box
> generator (http://www.cpforbes.net/tuckbox/tuckbox.cgi).  All of my card
> games are distilled down to these types of boxes for easy transportation.
> If you import the PDF templates into an image editing program, you can add
> all the fancy custom artwork you want before you print them out.

Myself, I mostly just print my fancy artwork on the back of the
template, and fold the box up with the template part inside, so
the lines and all are hidden.

--
Elliott C. "Eeyore" Evans
eeyore@xxxxxxxx