Looney Labs Fluxx Mailing list Archive

Re: [Fluxx] Renaming Martian Fluxx?

  • FromJody Chandler <windblownhermit@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateMon, 3 Mar 2008 13:17:09 -0800 (PST)
How about something like "Martian Fluxx: Hostile Takeover"

Andy Looney <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Greetings Fluxx Fans!

Did everyone see my article about the newest version of Fluxx we're working
on?

http://wunderland.com/WhatsOld/2008/WN.01.24.08.html

My alpha-test deck has been getting great reactions and we're all pretty
excited about it here.

However, there is one element we have doubts about: the name. While Zombies
are obviously hot stuff in today's market, Martians are a little
old-fashioned. I don't want to change the game itself... it's designed
around the idea that these invaders are from Mars in the classic style --
never mind what NASA may think they know about the Red Planet.

But we could still choose a different name... after all, the name Martian
Fluxx doesn't even convey the idea that these are nasty Earth-Conquering
Martians! Also of course, since we have Martian Coasters and Martian Chess
it's likely to be a little confusing. So I'm becoming more and more
inclined to choose another name before we get any further along in the
product's development.

My favorite candidate at the moment is Invasion Fluxx. What do YOU think?

Here are some of the other ideas we've been kicking around:
Alien Fluxx
Area 51 Fluxx
Fluxx Invaders
Invasion from Mars Fluxx
Fluxx: Invasion
Plan Fluxx from Outer Space
Flying Saucer Fluxx
Tripod Fluxx
Conquest of the Earth Fluxx
Under the Alien Boot-heel Fluxx
UFO Fluxx

Anybody got any other ideas we should be considering?

-- Andy