Looney Labs Fluxx Mailing list Archive

Re: [Fluxx] Renaming Martian Fluxx?

  • From"Carlton Noles" <carlton.noles@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateMon, 3 Mar 2008 17:32:24 -0500
FLUXX Invaders feels more like you're in the drivers seat and therefor is my preference.

On Mon, Mar 3, 2008 at 5:23 PM, Anestis Kozakis <kenosti@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 08/03/04 02:27 -0500, Andy Looney gave their opinion about the
topic of [Fluxx] Renaming Martian Fluxx?...
>Greetings Fluxx Fans!
>
>Did everyone see my article about the newest version of Fluxx we're
>working on?
>
>       http://wunderland.com/WhatsOld/2008/WN.01.24.08.html
>
>My alpha-test deck has been getting great reactions and we're all
>pretty excited about it here.
>
>However, there is one element we have doubts about: the name. While
>Zombies are obviously hot stuff in today's market, Martians are a
>little old-fashioned. I don't want to change the game itself... it's
>designed around the idea that these invaders are from Mars in the
>classic style -- never mind what NASA may think they know about the
>Red Planet.
>
>But we could still choose a different name... after all, the name
>Martian Fluxx doesn't even convey the idea that these are nasty
>Earth-Conquering Martians! Also of course, since we have Martian
>Coasters and Martian Chess it's likely to be a little confusing. So
>I'm becoming more and more inclined to choose another name before we
>get any further along in the product's development.
>
>My favorite candidate at the moment is Invasion Fluxx. What do YOU think?
>
>Here are some of the other ideas we've been kicking around:
>       Alien Fluxx
>       Area 51 Fluxx
>       Fluxx Invaders
>       Invasion from Mars Fluxx
>       Fluxx: Invasion
>       Plan Fluxx from Outer Space
>       Flying Saucer Fluxx
>       Tripod Fluxx
>       Conquest of the Earth Fluxx
>       Under the Alien Boot-heel Fluxx
>       UFO Fluxx
>
>Anybody got any other ideas we should be considering?

My preference is Fluxx Invasion, without the Colon.

Alternatively, Alien Fluxx.

>-- Andy

Anestis.
--
Scissorsmith - "At the fork in the road, take the rocky path.  it
will lead you to the dragon's lair",