Looney Labs Fluxx Mailing list Archive

Re: [Fluxx] Monty Python Feedback Feedback

  • Fromgz <godzero@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateTue, 05 Aug 2008 14:33:31 -0700
Andy Looney wrote:
Could it just be shown
on it's back and labeled: "Parrot" ?

No. I'm not going adjectiveless and I'm not calling it Dead. The debate is between Resting (to silence the whining purists) and Sleeping (which I still prefer). Either way, I'm all about the contradiction between the pictured reality and claims of possible aliveness made by the text. It plays great as a Sleeping Parrot.

I agree with Andy that "Dead" removes the contradiction inherent in the sketch. OTOH, I'm not that keen on "Sleeping" either.

"Somnambulant Parrot"
"Recumbent Parrot"
"Pissed (as a) Parrot"
.... I could go on....

I'm not a purist and I have never played one on TV.

--
metta

godzero

"Aroha mai, aroha atu" Maori proverb.