Looney Labs Fluxx Mailing list Archive

Re: [Fluxx] Monty Python Feedback Feedback

  • From"Rev. Bob" <redbaron@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateTue, 5 Aug 2008 18:16:25 -0400
On 8/5/08, Andy Looney <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Could it just be shown
> > on it's back and labeled: "Parrot" ?
>
> No. I'm not going adjectiveless and I'm not calling it Dead. The debate is
> between Resting (to silence the whining purists) and Sleeping (which I still
> prefer). Either way, I'm all about the contradiction between the pictured
> reality and claims of possible aliveness made by the text. It plays great as
> a Sleeping Parrot.

I don't suppose "Parrot (Not Dead...Really)" or "Norwegian Blue" are
options, eh?  :)

I agree that "Resting" - although the most-used adjective in the
sketch - just doesn't quite roll off the tongue...but then, neither
does "Sleeping" in my opinion.  I guess, given my druthers, I'd go
with "Stunned."  It's part of the sketch, to satisfy the purists, and
I think it sounds quite a bit better than the other two.

--
Robert Hood - Hixson, TN
SJG MIB #8595 - Looney Labs Rabbit - Atlas Games Mook