Looney Labs Fluxx Mailing list Archive

Re: [Fluxx] Monty Python Feedback Feedback

  • From"Bryan Stout" <bryan.stout@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateWed, 06 Aug 2008 16:01:03 -0400
This discussion of "It's" made me think: "Of course! The "It's" man! He should be in the deck, too! Then he could be an option for the Opening Credits Goal, as well as having the effect on the Knights of Ni!"

Yet another thing to think about ...

And I did end up thinking more about it. I really hesitate to bring this up but ... since I play Fluxx with my kids, I would be more comfortable if there were an "It's" Man card rather than a Nude Organist card, if such a choice were possible. But I don't know if the Organist has other roles in the deck that the It's Man couldn't fulfill.

I hesitate because I hope this doesn't lead into a debate about shared standards. I'll certainly purchase and play the game even if it has the organist. In fact, to avoid more debate, I'm going to change the return address and send this to Andy personally rather than to the list.

OK, I've changed the address, but now I feel guilty about leaving everyone else out of the discussion. Ack! I'll change it back.*

My brain doesn't hurt, but it wouldn't surprise me if Andy's did. His throwing out a few of the cards for comment was like throwing fish entrails into a pool of sharks. But it can be a helpful process for getting ideas and clarifying one's thoughts, and I trust him to sort it all out.

Regards,
Bryan

*I'm not just trying to be cute. I did make those changes and write those comments as I did them.