Looney Labs Fluxx Mailing list Archive

Re: [Fluxx] Monty Python Feedback Feedback

  • Fromkerry_and_ryan@xxxxxxx
  • DateWed, 06 Aug 2008 20:07:04 +0000
Andy:
>> But "'Course It's a Good Idea!" doesn't contain the word "it".  "It's" is
>> a distinct word.
>
> That may be true, but people will certainly make the claim I just did,
> meaning this is possibly again just too problematic/argument-provoking to
> bother with...

No no no no no!  As much as possible, rules (which are written on the cards in the case of Fluxx) should be written to say exactly what they mean.  Just reword that one card to say, "You cannot win if you have this unless the Goal says otherwise or a card with the words IT >>> or IT'S <<< in its title is on the table."

PLEASE do not leave rules ambiguous.  Heck, in this case the rule ISN'T ambiguous, you just don't want to say what you mean.  I can't decide which would suck more -- losing a game because I didn't remember that IT'S counted as IT for this one card game, or winning a game just because someone else never knew it.  The losing suck factor would only be intensified in a tournament setting.

Ryan