Looney Labs Fluxx Mailing list Archive

Re: [Fluxx] More thoughts about Hovercraft Eels

  • FromAndy Looney <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateWed, 06 Aug 2008 17:41:48 -0400
1)  When it says "Choose 2 players", can the one who played the card
choose him/herself?

Of course! In fact, there's no other choice when playing with 2.

2)  This card can raise some interesting player interactions and social
dynamics.  Far from being random, the players can deliberately try for a
specific result. I tend to think this is a feature rather than a bug...

This is one of the things I love about this card, actually.

Looking over the list, there is no obvious pattern that
would make me want to pick low/middle/high numbers, depending on what
result I wanted for the recipient.

That's what I was going for.

But there's nothing prohibiting
discussion and collusion,

...except house rules, of course.

I'm certain that in some groups #6 would be the only answer ever chosen,
making this card futile for them.

Not if you pick yourself as one of the number-callers.