Looney Labs Fluxx Mailing list Archive

[Fluxx] New terms needed

  • From"Bryan Stout" <bryan.stout@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateWed, 26 Nov 2008 08:28:33 -0500
As I think about new cards I want to design for Fluxx, I realize that I am missing some vocabulary.  I want terms to refer to:

A) All the cards on the table belonging to one player (Keepers and Creepers).
B) All the cards on the table affecting everyone, that players can change (Goal and New Rules).
C) All the cards on the table that cannot be played or discarded (Basic Rules and Meta Rules).

Having such terms would take less space on a card than "the Goal and New Rules" or "Keepers and/or Creepers".

This is of course a decision for Andy to make, and maybe he already has such terms in use.  But in case he doesn't, here are some possibilities.  (Feel free to add your own.)

A)  Holding cards, personal cards, cache cards, stash cards.

B)  Common cards, ruling cards, boss cards, dynamic cards.

C)  Foundation cards, supreme cards, master cards, static cards.

A peaceful Thanksgiving to all.

Bryan