Looney Labs Fluxx Mailing list Archive

Re: [Fluxx] New terms needed

  • FromChristopher Hickman <tophu@xxxxxxx>
  • DateFri, 28 Nov 2008 08:11:14 -0500
On Nov 28, 2008, at 7:26 AM, Bryan Stout wrote:
For the others, I personally am opposed to keywords in Fluxx.

Could you explain what you mean?

If this helps, here is the Magic the Gathering glossary entry for Keyword Abilities (from which I think this terminology is being borrowed):

Keyword Ability
Some abilities are very common or would require too much space to define on a card. These abilities list only the name of the ability as a “keyword”; sometimes reminder text summarizes the game rule. See rule 502, “Keyword Abilities.”

For example, creatures in Magic with the keyword ability Flying can't be blocked except by creatures with Flying or Reach, but rather than write twelve words you write one: Flying. This thread is about defining keywords for Fluxx to describe subsets of cards that otherwise would take a lot of words to describe.