Looney Labs Fluxx Mailing list Archive

Re: [Fluxx] Zombie Fluxx reprint?

  • FromBryan Stout <stoutwb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateMon, 13 Apr 2009 13:18:27 -0400
>> You don't indicate any changes to the zombie cards, so perhaps I bring
>> this up too late. The zombies in earlier printings have the text about
>> playing them immediately when drawn, but don't actually say that they
>> prevent you from winning. This came up when somebody drew one of the
>> flamethrower pack zombies that I had mixed into Monty Python Fluxx, and the
>> player pointed out that the Monty Python creepers do say that you can't win
>> with them. Please consider adding this text to creepers in future revisions
>> (and in future Fluxx games, like Martian Fluxx), except of course for the
>> odd creeper that doesn't prevent a win.
>
> But Zombies (Larry, excepted) *don't* prevent you from winning, unless the
> Goal says otherwise.

I agree.  Just because some Creepers say you cannot win with them,
don't assume they *all* should say that.

The Creepers In MPF and F4.0 do forbid winning with them.  But in
Zombie Fluxx, the interaction between Creepers and winning in not on
the Creepers, but on the Goals: some Goals say you cannot win if you
have any Zombies; some Goals say you must have certain Zombies to win;
and some do mention Zombies at all, so you can with or without them.
Because of this, I decided that when dealing with Creepers in
multi-deck Fluxx, go by what the cards say, and live in peace with the
Creepers unless told otherwise.

Regards,
Bryan