Looney Labs Fluxx Mailing list Archive

Re: [Fluxx] Zombie Fluxx reprint?

  • FromHarold Tessmann III <macmog@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateMon, 13 Apr 2009 14:15:16 -0400
Christopher Hickman <tophu@xxxxxxx> typed something resembling:

On Apr 13, 2009, at 11:01 AM, Harold Tessmann III wrote:

You don't indicate any changes to the zombie cards, so perhaps I bring this up too late. The zombies in earlier printings have the text about playing them immediately when drawn, but don't actually say that they prevent you from winning. This came up when somebody drew one of the flamethrower pack zombies that I had mixed into Monty Python Fluxx, and the player pointed out that the Monty Python creepers do say that you can't win with them. Please consider adding this text to creepers in future revisions (and in future Fluxx games, like Martian Fluxx), except of course for the odd creeper that doesn't prevent a win.

But Zombies (Larry, excepted) *don't* prevent you from winning, unless the Goal says otherwise.

In the current printing, yes. Andy could very well change this in future printings.

One could put the "don't win" condition on the Creepers or the Goals. In Zombie Fluxx, Andy put the condition on the Goals. In Monty Python Fluxx and Fluxx 4.0, which came out after, he put the condition on the Creepers. This seemed to me like a change in direction for the Creeper cards and not something that would vary from version to version. After all, IIRC the label card in the flamethrower pack suggests you mix a zombie or two into other decks. Why would they suggest you do that if the zombies have almost no effect in, say, Fluxx 4.0 (modulo the few edge cases such as those involving Death)?

So perhaps I should have phrased this as a question and a request. Andy, did you intend that Creepers should prevent you from winning in general? If so, please consider updating the zombie cards, and keep it in mind for future versions.

Harold