Looney Labs Geeks Mailing list Archive

Re: [Geeks] geek testimonials

  • From"Melissa Parish" <beautifulfool@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateFri, 2 Feb 2007 11:20:26 -0600
Not sure if this would work verbatim, but I hope I get the general idea across.

Looney Labs games have just the right mix of random and strategy.  My husband, who was a computer science and math major, likes games like Volcano and Zendo, which require planning, pattern recognition, and logic.  Most games can be picked up and learned in a few minutes, allowing for everyone to start having fun right away.  Looney Labs games get your brain going in different ways and are great for all sorts of people, especially geeks.

~ Melissa

On 2/2/07, Elliott C. Evans <eeyore@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

Kristin wrote:
> Anyone want to take a crack at telling me what it is that makes
> our games good geek gifts?

Looney Labs games are designed *by* geeks (former NASA engineers)
*for* general audiences. Their games are easy to understand and
teach, with short rule sets, so they're easy to introduce to
skeptical new players. However, the games are clever enough
in their mechanics to keep analytical types engaged. Everybody
has fun, so Crazy Eights players and Bridge players can meet at
the same table.

(I haven't ordered anything from ThinkGeek, but I visit every
week to see what's new.)

--
Elliott C. "Eeyore" Evans
eeyore@xxxxxxxx