[Icehouse] Martian Coasters rule question

  • FromBart Janssens <bartjanssens@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateMon, 18 Dec 2006 19:29:59 -0500
Season's Greetings everybody!  I have a rule question for Martian Coasters.

It is possible to achieve a Nest on your home square out-of-turn. I can only think of one way it can happen, but there may be more. If you have all three pieces 'home', in the proper order, but another player's piece(s) is/are between them, and they Dig them out, you have your Nest.
Do you win immediately? Or do you have to win on your turn?

Consider this setup: Blue and Green coasters are adjoining, with arrows giving a three-space path from Blue's center to Green's. The Blue center has (bottom to top) the Blue pawn, Blue drone, Green pawn, and Blue queen; the Green center has the other two Green pieces. It's Green's turn; he/she rolls a Dig and a 4 (or more). Green can use those 4 movement points to dig out the Pawn and get it home, and then use the Dig action to Nest all three pieces. However, Blue has gotten a Nest as well -
and that happened first, even though it's not Blue's turn.
Who wins?
Bart Janssens
Double-Duty Lab Rabbit