Re: [Icehouse] Giant Martian Coaster boards

  • From"Carol Townsend" <carol.townsend@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateTue, 9 Jan 2007 07:15:24 -0600

On 1/9/07, Jay Forbes <jay8828@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
You could also use foamcore like the stuff that Craig
used to make the Giant Rambots shields.  As for the
triangles, at my school we have a die-cutter with a
triangle shape that is 2" on a side.  Some
construction paper and spray adhesive could work.  Or,
how about a stencil and some spray paint.

Jay

I can't find *affordable* foam core that large.  Most foam core I find is 20-24" by whatever - which just isn't large enough (3x8 = 24, but you need space between the squares, etc..)   I've been told I can order 30" wide board, but it's spendy.

I also am looking at easy transportation.  Folded to 24", it's just that much easier to toss in the car.

However, I'm totally open to options!  This is not the first time that having eyes and ears (and crafty thinkers) looking for other options may turn up a better solution.  If so, I'm all for it!

Carol