Re: [Icehouse] Giant Martian Coaster boards

  • FromPat <xenophule@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateTue, 9 Jan 2007 08:14:39 -0800
Maybe look into giant industrial poster-type material? You know, the
type that beer companies hang at ballparks that are immune to Mother
Nature. That way you can fold, roll, etc. and they're easy to drag
around...

_pat

On 1/9/07, Carol Townsend <carol.townsend@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 1/9/07, Jay Forbes <jay8828@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> You could also use foamcore like the stuff that Craig
> used to make the Giant Rambots shields.  As for the
> triangles, at my school we have a die-cutter with a
> triangle shape that is 2" on a side.  Some
> construction paper and spray adhesive could work.  Or,
> how about a stencil and some spray paint.
>
> Jay

I can't find *affordable* foam core that large.  Most foam core I find is
20-24" by whatever - which just isn't large enough (3x8 = 24, but you need
space between the squares, etc..)   I've been told I can order 30" wide
board, but it's spendy.

I also am looking at easy transportation.  Folded to 24", it's just that
much easier to toss in the car.

However, I'm totally open to options!  This is not the first time that
having eyes and ears (and crafty thinkers) looking for other options may
turn up a better solution.  If so, I'm all for it!

Carol