Re: [Icehouse] Re: Ikkozendo is now on the Wiki... and needs a final name (re-send)

  • FromJacob Davenport <jacob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateSun, 14 Jan 2007 19:08:34 -0500
On Jan 14, 2007, at 4:42 PM, Kory Heath wrote:
The most flexible alternative is to say that the Master always just changes one side or the other. That's the route we chose for Zendo. However, in a game where Students don't get to set up their own koans, that might make it way too hard to home in on some rules. Years ago, Jake and I played some full-stash versions of "guessing- only" Zendo, and I know our "standard" version was that the Master must build a black and a white counter-example if possible. I'm pretty sure we tried it with the Master only setting up one counter- example (black or white), but I can't remember how hard it was.

I think the one-koan counter-example was fine, although it moved slower.