Re: [Icehouse] Homeworlds Rule Clarification/confirmation

  • From"Don Sheldon" <don.sheldon@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateMon, 29 Jan 2007 09:20:42 -0500
On 1/28/07, Brian Campbell <lambda@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Something to watch out for that I missed the first time I read the
rules is that you can only build pieces of a color that you already
have in the system. For instance, if you have only a green piece in a
system, you can only build green pieces. If you have a yellow and red
piece in a system with a green star, then you can only build yellow
or red pieces in that system. I'm not sure how I missed it, since
it's stated pretty unambiguously, but I played the first few games
without that rule and the game was much less interesting.

I made the same mistake in my first few games, so don't feel bad that
you missed it.  Going back, yeah, I felt like an idiot too for not
seeing it the first time even though it's plain as day.  Perhaps some
emphasis is in order on the rules pages.

--
 And as far as SDG goes, I'm up to go against anyone who cares to