Re: [Icehouse] Homeworlds Rule Clarification/confirmation

  • From"Don Sheldon" <don.sheldon@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateMon, 29 Jan 2007 17:06:32 -0500
On 1/29/07, Carl Worth <cworth@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
PS. If the two-player variant, ("Binary Homeworlds"), is officially
recognized by the author, it would be nice to have its adaptations
listed in a final "Variant for two players" section of the rules. Is
John Cooper reading this list, or should I be CC:ing him with some
address?

You don't really /need/ his say on it, for several reasons (none of
which will be anything resembling "he can't tell me how to play this
game!!!!11," I promise).

- Once you're down to two players, good and evil become moot.  The
goal of either player will be the elimination of the other.  This is a
natural consequence of the existing rules.  So that's not a variation,
that's just the way it is.

- Reduced stash size is recognized by the community (which, while I
certainly don't speak for it, I listen well) as /the/ most excellent
mechanic.  The deep strategies of the game rely entirely on
manipulating the global stash, and having more pieces in a two player
game would definitely be too much.*

But yeah, I guess a thumbs up from the originator would be nice.

--
 *Also, 36 pieces fits perfectly in my inner coat pocket.  If only I