[Icehouse] ZPIPs: An unofficial survey

  • From"Paul Blake" <dalek_no2@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateWed, 14 Mar 2007 13:17:55 -0600
I'm kind of digging the fact that ZPIP has become the semi-official term for the things. I may be wrong, but I think that's my doing. :)

So, since the issue didn't really get fully addressed, I'd like to get a little more input on it. Let's say that some hypothetical company was interested in making some ZPIPs for sale, based on the earlier discussed model of converting TreeHouse sets. Let's also assume that said company was capable of effectively negating shipping costs from LLabs or a distributor.

What would you deem a reasonable cost for the pieces? If they cost more per piece than normal Icehouse pieces in a TreeHouse set, would that be worthwhile cost (A single piece in a TreeHouse works out to $0.60)? If they cost the same as individual replacement pyramids on the LLabs site ($1.00), would that be worthwhile?

As already covered in a separate thread, a $5.00 5-piece set is feasable to a retailer doing this as a small print run item. A $4.00 set is -possible-, but less attractive. A $3.00 set is pretty much an impossibility for a retailer to attempt without specialized manufacturing equipment.

So, two questions: Would you pay for pre-made ZPIPs, and if so, what would you be willing to pay?

Mortgage rates as low as 4.625% - Refinance $150,000 loan for $579 a month. Intro*Terms https://www2.nextag.com/goto.jsp?product=100000035&url=%2fst.jsp&tm=y&search=mortgage_text_links_88_h27f6&disc=y&vers=743&s=4056&p=5117