Re: [Icehouse] Choosing Games wiki page--The First Elitism for Looney Games?

  • From"Chris Kice" <me@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateFri, 13 Apr 2007 12:19:27 -0500
This also completely excludes all Treehouse games (something that goes against the new sales strategy) unless they hold a new contest (or unless the new PDF project counts as "published").

Why not make "Award-Winning" and "Published" game listing pages and make this page a master index?  (I think there should be an Award-Winning category and maybe a small notation graphic (like a merit badge) that those games can include on their pages is a good idea no matter what happens with this page.)

Alternatively, if you still feel a velvet rope is needed, you could have a committee or selection process that would let games "graduate" up to the page so that newer games would have some chance of inclusion.

Not to sound like an ego-bearing jerk, but I think Zamboni Wars is polished enough to warrant inclusion.  It can play with Treehouse and Martian Coasters (making it a good game for post-convention shoppers), has rules in English and Spanish, has (IMHO) well-illustrated rules with full-color photographs, and has been well received by folks on the list and by playtesters.  I'd gladly submit it for publication and/or a design contest if either were a current option, but I think that's a pretty high bar.

Now that you can't get single-color stashes, it does more harm than good to send people to a page with games that require them.  I think it would best serve the game (and Looney Labs) to have a more inclusive page that includes as many Treehouse games that can fit.

Chris