Re: [Icehouse] Xeno color mapping for Homeworlds

  • FromAlan Anderson <aranders@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateMon, 4 Jun 2007 00:05:25 -0400
On Jun 3, 2007, at 9:46 PM, Andy Looney wrote:

I see his points, but I still favor my mapping:

	Cyan = Green
	Orange = Red
	Purple = Blue
	Clear = Yellow

What do you think?

My preferred mapping matches this one, but for a thoroughly bizarre reason. In the Klingon translation for the Homeworlds rules that I wrote some years ago, I came up with this:

  Green -> SuD (yellow/green/blue, green as "default")
  Red -> Doq (red/orange, red as "default")
  Blue -> Hurgh (dark)
  Yellow -> wov (light)

Assigning the Klingon terms back to Xeno colors:

  SuD (yellow/blue/green) -> Cyan
  Doq (red/orange) -> Orange
  Hurgh (dark) -> Purple
  wov (light) -> Clear

So I'm perfectly happy with the correspondence Andy likes.