Re: [Icehouse] Xeno color mapping for Homeworlds

  • FromJacob Davenport <jacob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateMon, 04 Jun 2007 10:34:23 -0400
Andy Looney wrote:
I see his points, but I still favor my mapping:

    Cyan = Green
    Orange = Red
    Purple = Blue
    Clear = Yellow

What do you think?

Blue - Originally the game was "Ice Traders" and John thought the blue was closest to ice, so they trade color for color.
Green - grow some new pieces.
Red - fire the torpedoes!  Spill blood!  Attack!
Yellow - flames from the thrusters as you move from place to place.

So, with your four colors, I might suggest:
Cyan - blue sky, movement from place to place.
Orange - attack!
Purple - a peaceful color for growing. Like green, another chlorophyll color.
Clear - Ice Traders!  Change color.

YMMV.  But this is how I would approach it.

-Jacob