Re: [Icehouse] Xeno color mapping for Homeworlds

  • From"Ryan McGuire and Kerry Breitenbach" <kerry_and_ryan@xxxxxxx>
  • DateMon, 4 Jun 2007 08:02:46 -0400
----- Original Message ----- From: "Andy Looney" <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
[As Timothy Hunt suggested]
Cyan = Blue
Purple = Red
Orange = Yellow
Clear = Green
[Di's point about Martian Coasters]
Cyan = Blue
Orange = Green
Purple = Yellow
Clear = Red
my [Andy's] mapping:
Cyan = Green
Orange = Red
Purple = Blue
Clear = Yellow

Back in October of '06, The Lone Goldfish wrote:
Does anyone have reccomendations for color/power combinations for playing homeworlds with a xeno set (specifically the IceTowers boxed set colors, so no orange).
Colonists: White * The opaque color seems to represent a solid base from which to grow new ships

Traders: Cyan
* Closest to blue...

Navigators: Clear
* Representing the void through which they travel

Warriors: Purple * Closest to red. Hottest of the four available colors.

I'm going to have to side with TLG here. It would be great to be able to play Hoeworlds with an IceTowers set. *Lightly pound fist on table for emphasis* It has no orange, but it does have White.

There's no denying any longer that the Cyan <-> Blue correspondence is too strong to fight. Once you have that, Purple is the obvious partner for Red. That leaves White and Clear for Green(Construct) and Yellow(Move). TLG's assignments what I wrote many moons ago:

 Yellow(Move) - Clear  As in "I'm going to clear out of this system."
Green(Construct) - White Because many building materials are white; just ask an Inuit.

I feel more strongly about using White instead of Orange than which color is Move and which is Construct.

I completely agree with TLG's. Of the one's listed recently, I'd go with Timothy's but with White instead of Orange for Move.

Disclaimer: This is comeong from a person who has now played a whopping 6 games of Homeworlds (Binary and regular combined).

Ryan