RE: [Icehouse] Generic Gnostica Deck

  • From"Christopher Hickman" <tophu@xxxxxxx>
  • DateMon, 16 Jul 2007 15:15:51 -0400
> OK, I wasn't going to say anything for now, but my NEXT
> Rabbity Project for LL is going to be a Gnostica deck, per
> these specs:
> * Square cards, to avoid the flip-flop arrangement
> * Symbol, number, and rule for the card on EVERY card (even
> minor arcana)
> * Public domain artwork that reflects the rule (but NOT from
> an existing tarot deck)
> * Color PDF, 9 cards per sheet, back side with a Gnostica
> logo, pyramids, and/or LL logo

How big do you think they'd have to be to meet the requirements of the
second bullet item?

Hehe, I was just wondering how much a short run of cards would cost to have
made, so I googled "short run card game printing" and the first two links
returned were looneylabs.com pages!

Anyway, I later realized I don't know how many cards are in a tarot deck,
etc., so I'm in no position to check out pricing. :)

Incidentally, I did find a place that had cards you can run through your
printer, and a corner cutter, so if you wanted to get fancy, you could
indeed print the cards on the regular rectangular cards, then cut them down
to square and round the corners.

Sounds like a lot of work, huh? :P