RE: [Icehouse] Re: New Treehouse Colors - Ideas

  • DateFri, 10 Aug 2007 12:13:06 -0700
Yay!

> From: Andy Looney <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> > I think Brown would be a great opaque color.
>
> That's what we've been talking about lately too. The set needs to include a
> solitary opaque, and Chocolate sounds good to me.
>
> > I also like the idea of "Smoke" as a translucent color.
>
> This and something in the magenta/hot pink area are strong contenders.

I realize nothing is set in stone, but you've give us a LOT about which
to speculate!

The data:
Brown - the opaque (so it's not a 4 opaque "flip-mode" set)
Smoke - AKA fog, transparent gray/black compliment, neutral
Magenta - warm and a light compliment to purple
OR Pink - warm and a light compliment to red

So what would "fill out" that set? What two other colors would work
towards the light/dark or warm/cool compliments? What other "eco" colors
would work with those? Hmmmm...

OK, my guesses:
Forest Green - gets us a cool in the set AND gets us a dark compliment
to Green AND it's "eco" AND it's my favorite color (for reasons which
should be obvious to anyone who knows my Rabbit Bio nickname)
And I'm a bit stumped. I've been clicking in a color wheel and just
can't find a spot that's not covered already, or that's a good
'compliment' to this set so far.

I thought of Sky Blue, but there's already two blues (light and dark,
warm and cool) so that's a bit overkill. Maybe pink AND magenta is the
way to go? It gives us a light compliment to red....

This is harder than I thought! :) I bet someone who knows what they're
doing in PhotoShop could put one triangle of every color on a
transparent background and run a Histogram analysis, to see what "holes"
(valleys, on a histogram) are evident. That might point out
under-represented bands of the spectrum.

Fun stuff!
David