Re: [Icehouse] Game recommendations

  • From"Avri Klemer" <avri@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateThu, 6 Sep 2007 17:12:10 -0400
How about doing an IGDC playtest session? You can add a "ranking" element to the lesson, and have students actually vote in the competition for their favorites. The only "unusual" equipment required for any of the 8 games is Martian Coasters . . .

I was going to suggest Drip and Moon Shot as simple, fun "kids games" (no disrespect intended to either game - I love them both!), but the IGDC games are really very good, and actually having a voice might give a little extra excitement to the class.

Pylon and Penguin Soccer (and maybe Zamboni Wars?) from the current IGDC are also pretty simple to teach.

--
Dale Sheldon