RE: [Icehouse] Game recommendations

  • DateFri, 07 Sep 2007 08:59:13 -0700
> From: miyu <xmiyux@xxxxxxxxx>
> One thing I considered was giving them the rules to the games in the
> competition and evaluating them.  This still is an exercise I may do if I
> print out their rules.

Let me be the first to show you a link at the IGDC page:
http://www.davidartman.com/temp/IGDC-Summer2007.pdf

One PDF to rule them all!
:)

I forgot the InfoBoxes, but (I believe) all the games are playable using
the rules of Setup (i.e. number of players might seem unclear in a game
or two, but just read on).

And on that note, IcehouseGames.org designers: We might want to be sure
the rules text is sufficient, without requiring an InfoBox, even if you
use an InfoBox as well. *I* forgot to copy them, so I can easily imagine
that newbies might not notice them--they sort of "fade away" from
awareness, being on the right with smaller text and so often saying
similar things. Just a thought.

David