Re: [Icehouse] Game recommendations

  • Frommiyu <xmiyux@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateThu, 6 Sep 2007 18:06:38 -0400

I realized I left off the age group and all the other details.

I run both an after school game club and teach a class on Higher Order Thinking Skills through puzzles and games.  The kids are approximately 15 years old.

So far they have played Treehouse, Drip, and just today I introduced them to Zendo.  One thing I considered was giving them the rules to the games in the competition and evaluating them.  This still is an exercise I may do if I print out their rules.

I would love to have them do Homeworlds but I'm hoping to do games that I could teach myself and unfortunately Homeworlds is up there with Icehouse as two games that I just can't figure out how to play (let alone teach) from just the written rules.

Good call on Black Ice though.  I have the Threehouse booklet from Origins on the shelf so I could break that out as one of the games.

                   -Ryan

--
Ora, lege, lege, lege, relege, labora et invenies.