Re: [Icehouse] IGDC Winter (and beyond)

  • FromChristopher Hickman <tophu@xxxxxxx>
  • DateFri, 5 Oct 2007 06:19:02 -0400
On Oct 4, 2007, at 9:07 PM, James Hazelton wrote:

A good forum system can't be beat.

Perhaps I've just never seen a *good* forum system.

I can't stand this mailing list thing, especially when a subject breaks out in which I have no interest (such as voting algorithms) and I keep getting fooled by the You've Got Mail notification. In a forum system, I could totally ignore boring topics, while frequenting visiting interesting. Plus, we could edit our posts.

Odd. I hate forums and prefer mailing lists for the same reasons you do the opposite.  I have a threaded mail client, so I can just ignore the conversations for which I care nothing, and I can read the stuff I do care about quickly without having to use a cumbersome forum UI.