[Icehouse] Your new IGDC coordinator

  • FromDale Sheldon <dales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateWed, 5 Mar 2008 15:15:13 -0500 (EST)
Hey folks,

Since I haven't seen a message from David to announce this, I guess I aught to.

I've agreed to take on coordinator duties for this summer's IGDC (no promises about next winter or the future.)

No one else offered to do it, so if you find yourself not liking how things get handled, you should have stepped up and offered to do it yourself ;)

First things first: in order to get the word out, specifically for any print publications, we need a decision on what, if any design restriction.

Since last contest had a restriction, and we're a bit pressed for time as it is, I'm going to say "unrestricted" for this contest. Spread the word.

Tenatively, I'm saying submission deadline for entrants will be the first day of summer, Friday, June 20th, and judging will last four weeks, landing us on Friday, July 18th. If anyone has a strong reason to not use these days, speak up now; I want to have a solid date decided on by this coming Monday, so we can see about getting an annoucement into any print publications (which need to be ready before mid-March; speaking of which, Timothy Hunt, are you still in touch with the editor and willing to help me out on this bit?)

--
Dale Sheldon
dales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx