Re: [Icehouse] Your new IGDC coordinator

  • From"Jeff Wolfe" <jwolfe@xxxxxxxx>
  • DateThu, 6 Mar 2008 15:02:37 -0500
> Tenatively, I'm saying submission deadline for entrants will be the first
> day of summer, Friday, June 20th, and judging will last four weeks,
> landing us on Friday, July 18th.  If anyone has a strong reason to not use
> these days, speak up now; I want to have a solid date decided on by this
> coming Monday, so we can see about getting an annoucement into any print
> publications (which need to be ready before mid-March; speaking of which,
> Timothy Hunt, are you still in touch with the editor and willing to help
> me out on this bit?)

Origins is June 25-29 this year.  That doesn't give us a very big margin for
error when it comes to finding out about the entrants, printing the rules,
and familiarizing ourselves with the games so that we can playtest them at
Origins.  Any chance we can move the deadline back a week?  Is anybody
interested in playtesting at Origins?

By the way, the Origins web site (http://www.originsgamefair.com/) has a
picture of a Treehouse demo on the front page right now.