Re: [Icehouse] Your new IGDC coordinator

  • FromChristopher Hickman <tophu@xxxxxxx>
  • DateThu, 06 Mar 2008 07:26:10 -0800
On Wednesday, March 05, 2008, at 11:30PM, "Alan Anderson" <aranders@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>On Mar 5, 2008, at 4:13 PM, Christopher Hickman wrote:
>
>>> Tenatively, I'm saying submission deadline for entrants will be
>>> the first
>>> day of summer, Friday, June 20th
>>
>> Um, just to be pedantic, that is the last day of Spring.  Summer
>> starts on June 21st. ;)
>
>Dale has it right for North Americans: the 2008 Summer Solstice
>occurs about 8pm EST on June 20th.  That is a bit past midnight June
>21 UTC, so Topher's pedantry is somewhat justified.

Yeah, when considering global events, UTC is the way to go. ;)

Oh, and also, just to be pedantic, by nature pedantry is a black-and-white art.  It's either justified or wrong, nothing in-between. ;)