Re: [Icehouse] How many colors do you use? (Zendo)

  • From"Benjamin Kleber" <benjamin.kleber@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateFri, 21 Mar 2008 12:40:38 -0400
While I started out with the "every pyramid I own!" approach, after a
few rounds with much better players than myself, I gained a new
appreciation for what goes into making a good (at least "good" in my
estimation) rule. The better players that I had a few games with
tended towards just 4 colors, but within the smaller palette the
crafting of the rules became more of an art.

As Timothy just said, an increase in the complexity of the game ended
up coming from the construction of the rule, rather than the vast
number of colors from which to choose. It was a definite change in
tastes for me - I was surprised to find myself enjoying a 4-colored
game more than an 8- or 11-colored one!

Benjamin