Re: [Icehouse] Proposal for next contest

  • FromDale Sheldon <dales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateSun, 23 Mar 2008 16:38:05 -0400 (EDT)
On Sun, 23 Mar 2008, Jorge Arroyo wrote:

Require voters to add a small paragraph explaining their votes. It doesn't need to be a full review for each game, just a small explanation to justify their rates.

It's an interesting idea; I don't know if I like the idea of _requiring_ it, but it's certainly something we can encourage, and the coordinator can post all the comments (anonymized, even) once the judging is final.

I know we discourage talking to much about the good an bad points of the game during the contest, so as not to influence other judges; but I know I've found that, once the contest is over, it's a lot harder to go back and try to remember my thoughts after the fact, and to take the time to go post them.

--
Dale Sheldon
dales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx