Re: [Icehouse] IGDC Winter 2009??

  • From"Don Sheldon" <don.sheldon@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateFri, 15 Aug 2008 13:18:56 -0400
On 8/15/08, Jason Spears <spielboy@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> A pick 2 from a list of constraints sounds great to me. I would prefer
> that the list had more than just turnless, boardless, & balanced luck.
> But... I'm not feeling creative enough today to come up with any
> ideas.

Working off of turnless and boardless, the other classically cited
"breaking the mould of other games" idea was "the color of a piece
does not dictate who controls it" which is akin to "shared pieces" but
not identical.  But shared pieces sounds hipper and easier to
remember.

Volcano is a prime example of a shared pieces game.  SDG also marks
Homeworlds as shared pieces, but I'd qualify that more as "shared
resources" since ideas like "my pieces" and "your pieces" definitely
still exist.

--