Re: [Icehouse] Playing with Pyramids suggestions

  • From"Don Sheldon" <don.sheldon@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateThu, 18 Dec 2008 07:46:01 -0500
On 12/18/08, Graveyard Greg <graveyardgreg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'm on the look out for some great Pyramid games. I have five tubes of the
> Treehouses (and I'm looking to get the Grey and Pink colors eventually), so
> I was wondering what games would be an absolute blast to play with about 2-6
> people?
>
> The games I already play with great fierceness are Zendo, Martian Coasters,
> Treehouse (of course), Zark City, Martian Chess, the 3house games (with the
> exception of Homeworlds. Just can't seem to get into the spirit of it) and
> even a game that required an Aquarius deck.
>
> So what say you fellow Icehouse fans?

I'm a big fan of Gnostica.

I also highly recommend trying Homeworlds, especially the two player
version.  Is more that you just didn't like it, or that you couldn't
get around the rules?  I know a lot of people who couldn't understand
them just from reading through them.  It's a much easier game to learn
in person.

Also, last winter's (I think?  Summer before?) IGDC winner Pylon is a
great (and easy to learn) two player game.

I also hear good things about some crazy game called Icehouse ;)

--