Re: [Icehouse] Zendo rules

  • From"Jeff Wolfe" <jwolfe@xxxxxxxx>
  • DateMon, 9 Mar 2009 00:21:00 -0500
I played Zendo a little over a week ago, including two new players and some
experienced players.

Timothy must be correct that I'm fond of saying the following phrase,
because I did say almost exactly that at some point while we were playing:

> From: Timothy Hunt <games@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> As Jeff Wolfe is fond of saying, the two most common errors of an
> inexperienced Zendo master are:
> 1) Making a rule too hard by accident
> 2) Making a rule too hard on purpose

During the same session, we also discussed the possibility of having rules
referencing prime numbers, and whether one is a prime.  I have in the past
had arguments over the primality of the number one (while playing Zendo), so
I now carry around a printout of the following web page:

http://primes.utm.edu/notes/faq/one.html

My friends were amused when I brought it out.  I'm not sure what it means
that my geeky friends seem to think I'm too geeky.

- Jeff