Re: [Icehouse] Zendo rules

  • From"Daniel W. Johnson" <panoptes@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateMon, 9 Mar 2009 00:39:00 -0400
At 19:55 -0400 2009-03-08, Nick Lamicela wrote:
Once I used the rule "AKHTBN Iff the total pip count is a prime number."

The other players gave up eventually and asked me to tell them, so they could punish me if it was an insanely hard one. When I told them a player pointed to several koans containing a single small pyramid. They are all marked as false, and everyone knows that 1 is a prime number because it's only factors are itself and 1.

I guess that was the wrong group to use a math rule with.

A rule I witnessed shortly after discovering Zendo at Origins was "... iff the total pip count plus the number of pieces is a prime number." I can't remember whether the students eventually gave up on that one.
--
Daniel W. Johnson
panoptes@xxxxxxxxxx