Re: [Icehouse] pit game

  • FromKristin Looney <kristin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateSat, 14 Mar 2009 10:40:52 -0400
--On 3/13/09  S Myers <iamthecheeze@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The fFirst game that comes to mind is good old Icehouse.
You might need to adjust the rules to be more conducive to
random drive-by plays.  Less emphasis on putting people in
the icehouse, and more emphasis on a collaborative game
experience.  It would almost become a bit of an art
project, of a sort at that point.  Maintain rules on how
pieces can be played, but reduce (or eliminate) the penalty
on having too fFew pieces in your stash.  That way people
who haven't contemplated the deep complexities of the game
can still toss in their thoughts more fFreely.

Icehouse as a collaborative game experience... makes one think
of those Bates Discordians from the 4th tournament in 1992.
<http://www.wunderland.com/icehouse/TourneyAlmanac.html>

I have not played Icehouse in years, but I played a little bit
in those early days - I fondly remember trading prisoners with
the likes of Andy, Jacob and Eeyore - largely because it was
always fun to watch how much they could rearrange the beautiful collection of pyramids on the table with my prisoner. Fun times!

So - who's planning to compete in the 20th International
Icehouse Tournament this summer at Origins?

Saturday June 27th 2009 - Columbus Convention Center in Ohio
<http://looneylabs.com/events/schedule/schedule.html?event=Origins2009>

If anyone wants to get a collaborative icehouse experience game
of Icehouse going at Origins - count me in on the game!

-Kristin