Re: [Icehouse] pit game

  • FromJoshua Kronengold <mneme@xxxxxx>
  • DateSun, 15 Mar 2009 04:09:33 -0500
Kristin Looney writes:
>Icehouse as a collaborative game experience... makes one think
>of those Bates Discordians from the 4th tournament in 1992.
><http://www.wunderland.com/icehouse/TourneyAlmanac.html>

CalvinIce!

Quite a number of times, I've ended up doing improvisational Icehouse
play -- where you combine some of the concepts in Icehouse with the
meta-rules of Calvinball -- eg, the rules are made up on the spot, and
any that you can get to stick work.  It can be quite fun!

>So - who's planning to compete in the 20th International
>Icehouse Tournament this summer at Origins?

I'll be there!  And I'd be happy to play a "game" of calvinice or
three--mabye with the giant pieces?

--
       Joshua Kronengold (mneme@(io.com, labcats.org)) |\      _,,,--,,_  ,)
--^--   "Did you know, if you increment enough, you   /,`.-'`'   -,  ;-;;'