Re: [Icehouse] Binary Homeworlds: Start player house rule and strength of banker opening

  • FromChristopher Hickman <tophu@xxxxxxx>
  • DateTue, 31 Mar 2009 07:48:58 -0400
On Mar 31, 2009, at 12:28 AM, Rob Bryan wrote:

So, I think second-builder-plays-first is more balanced, and a good
answer for tournaments, blood feuds, etc.  But I'm not sure I'd want
to play that way every time because it makes things more predictable.

If you want to reduce predictability, why not have each player build their homeworld behind a screen with simultaneous reveal, so no player has the benefit of reaction? (Caveat: I haven't figured out how to play yet, so take my suggestion with a block of salt.)

Topher