Re: [Icehouse] Frequency of emails

  • FromCraig Forbes <cpforbes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateFri, 6 Nov 2009 12:44:08 -0600
Dale is correct -- the digest sends once a day or more often when the
digest is larger than the configured threshold.  I will bump up the
threshold a bit.

On Fri, Nov 6, 2009 at 11:47 AM, David Artman <david.artman@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Also, if I *were* able to get an Official Forum on Wunderland or whatever,
> it would be for all the lists, not just Icehouse. And the forum software
> would have an option to forward all posts as emails (most forums have that
> option, right?), so the behavior of a listserv would be replicated for those
> who want it (even digest mail, IIRC).

I would be interested in discussing software options for running web
forums, but that should happen on the geeks list
<http://lists.looneylabs.com/mailman/listinfo/geeks> not the icehouse
list.

This doesn't imply that we will switch to web forums but I am
interested in understanding the state of web forum software now.  Last
time I looked (over a year ago) email gateways were typically
nonexistent or a poorly executed afterthought in the software I looked
at.  So if you have experience with or opinions on web forum software,
either join the geeks list or email me directly.

 -Craig